Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Right Focus

Psalm 90
3 You turn men back to dust,
saying, "Return to dust, O sons of men."

4 For a thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

5 You sweep men away in the sleep of death;
they are like the new grass of the morning-

6 though in the morning it springs up new,
by evening it is dry and withered.

10 The length of our days is seventy years—
or eighty, if we have the strength;
yet their span is but trouble and sorrow,
for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

12 Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
for as many years as we have seen trouble.

Bee's Thoughts:

Yes, life is like a vapour... or just like wind. I may be here today, but you might not hear from me again the next day.

Many times I wished God will take me away from this earth. I wished I am just like the grass that will wither in the morning. For I see too much evil on earth since my childhood days. I grew up not trusting any man. Some men in my life did help me rebuild that trust, yet they were the same ones that put back the phobia in me.

Now all I ask from God is to teach me to number my days aright, that I may gain a heart of wisdom, to discern right and wrong, to distinguish truth and lies.

I need God to satisfy my heart with His unfailing love, so I may be glad and sing a new song to Him again. This I humbly pray.

.......the devotion of Bee

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home