Saturday, October 21, 2006

Adjust Your Conscience

Acts 24:10-16
10When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: "I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.



Bee's Thoughts:

All of us have a conscience, but after the fall of man our conscience has been tarnished. The only way for our conscence to work in the way it should be is by asking the blood of Christ to cleanse it. Hebrews 9:14 says,
14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[a] so that we may serve the living God!
I found an article very helpful in learning to keep our conscience clear. It says,
1. If your conscience warns you that to do a certain thing is wrong, DON'T DO IT.
2. If you have already done something wrong, CONFESS IT at once and claim the cleansing blood of Christ.
Dear Lord,
Forgive me right now for the sins I have committed and the sins I may not know about. I pray that the blood of Christ will cleanse me from my sins and make my conscience clear. Help me to be obedient to Your Spirit prompting in my conscience, that I may do what is right in Your sight.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home