Thursday, December 21, 2006

Spiritual Eyes

2 Corinthians 4:3-6
3-4If our Message is obscure to anyone, it's not because we're holding back in any way. No, it's because these other people are looking or going the wrong way and refuse to give it serious attention. All they have eyes for is the fashionable god of darkness. They think he can give them what they want, and that they won't have to bother believing a Truth they can't see. They're stone-blind to the dayspring brightness of the Message that shines with Christ, who gives us the best picture of God we'll ever get.

5-6Remember, our Message is not about ourselves; we're proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus for you. It started when God said, "Light up the darkness!" and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful.


Bee's Thoughts:

This Christmas season doesn't seem to be any different from other ordinary days. I couldn't feel much of its atmosphere. When I was in KL last weekend, though I saw Christmas trees displaying in shopping malls and hotels, yet I wondered if people know the true meaning of Christmas.

I was 'ambushed' by my 'bf' last Sunday while in KL and he 'hijacked' me from the rest of my church members. Gosh! I didn't know what to do or how to react but I could feel his persistency in wanting to be with me for that day. I finally relented. No Christmas present or any gift from him, but the gift of his time is more precious than any gift to me. Can people see this? Maybe not.

Likewise, non-believers can't see the true meaning of Christmas no matter how hard we try to share with them. At times, even Christians may be blinded by the devil or our own selfish desires to view Christmas as a time of indulgence. We need to pray and ask God to open our spiritual eyes to see the truth. Only the truth can set us free.

Christmas is all about God's love for mankind.
Christmas is all about peace to those who sigh.
Christmas is all about how we may do things nice.
Christmas is all about how to give of our time.

- Bee


Dear Lord,
Search my heart tonight and cleanse me from my hidden sins and things that obscure my sight from seeing what You want me to see.
I pray also that this Christmas will bring forth Your glory, that sinners may be set free from the bondage of the devil. May peace dwell in people's hearts as they let Christ reign.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home