Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hearing The Sermon Again

Matthew 4:12-17
Jesus Begins to Preach
12When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he returned to Galilee. 13Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali— 14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:
15"Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the way to the sea, along the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned."[a]

17From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."


Reflection of Bee:

Many of us are quite 'hard of hearing' when it comes to spiritual things. That's why Jesus has to say "my sheep hear my voice". He did not say "my lamb hear voice". That means there is a process of growth needed in our Christian life before we can recognize the voice of God when He speaks to us. What God tells us to do will never deviate from the biblical principles. Therefore, we need to study the bible to know what they are and start following them first. When we are obedient to what is obvious and clear, we will be able to hear God's voice and know His direction.

Repentance can only take place when we know our wrongful ways. So again it is necessary to know right from wrong as we read the bible and allow the Holy Spirit of God to prompt us to do what is right.

Dear Lord,
Please remove all blockages that made 'hard of hearing' to Your voice. Let me be still and know what You want to tell me. Give me strength to obey You even though at times it may seems painful at the beginning. For You promised to work all things together for good to those who loved You and are called according to Your purpose.

Thank You for today's Sunday message that help me see why You have taken me out of certain situations or removing certain people from my life. For You want to bless/promote me and to protect me from harms.
Thank You for so many exciting things and plans that are coming my ways. Thank You for opening the doors for me. I pray for more guidance and wisdom to make the right decisions.
In Jesus' name I pray.Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home