Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Care Of The Heart


Proverbs 24:30-34
30 I went past the field of the sluggard,
past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment;

31 thorns had come up everywhere,
the ground was covered with weeds,
and the stone wall was in ruins.

32 I applied my heart to what I observed
and learned a lesson from what I saw:


33 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-

34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.


Reflection of Bee:

Jeremiah 17:9 tells us that "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

That means even we may not understand our own heart and can be deceived by it. Our feelings are so fickle and and can change quickly even for no good reasons. If we allow our feelings to control us, our heart may become like what is described in v31 (thorns, weeds and stones).

Thank God that He said, "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve." (Jeremiah 17:10) The only one who can truly understand our heart is God. We need Him to search and examine us daily and show us what the condition of our heart is and repent if necessary.

As Christians, "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding (including ours), will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."(Philippians 4:7) Yes, when we are confused by our deceitful heart, we can rely on the peace of God to guide us to do the right things despite of our feelings. That's the only way to prevent "poverty" (v34) of our heart.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me how deceitful my heart can be. It may think deceive me in thinking I need more than what I really need and seek after the wrong things. May Your peace guard and keep my mind in You whenever I get confused.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home