Friday, December 22, 2006

Alone With God

Psalm 98

1 Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.

2 The LORD has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations.

3 He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to the house of Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.

4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;

5 make music to the LORD with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,

6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn—
shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.

8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy; 9 let them sing before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity.


Bee's Thoughts:

Finally, I have left the blog of my 'best friend'. Whether he has removed me by mistake or Blogger has done that doesn't matter. The fact remains I am no longer able to post my devotional thoughts there anymore.

So here I am, spending time alone with God at my own blog... a quiet place... just me and God....

Whatever it is, I must thank my 'best friend' (now changed to just 'buddy', not 'hubby') for allowing me to post my devotional thoughts at his blog for the last 15 months. That has disciplined me to do my devotions consistently without fail even when I am very tired. I want to thank him for the last one-and-half year of fellowship we had in this spiritual journey.

However, our last weekend meeting has changed everything. I pray that even as we go our own ways, we will be strong in Christ and never be shaken in our walk with God. Whether this is the devil's way to divide and conquer, or that God is telling us it's time we stand alone, I pray that we will keep our faith and continue to spend time with God nightly.

I also want to thank my 'buddy' for the 'farewell gift' he did for me tonight shown above. Indeed he has spent much time doing it for me, I know.... and I really appreciate it very very much. However, the sorrow in me tonight has dwarf my joy of receiving this precious gift. I hope he will forgive me and understand I don't mean to be unappreciative.

Yes, I really am feeling very downcast tonight, yet I want to be strong and sing to the Lord a new song like the above Psalm says.



Dear Lord,
You know how I am feeling now.... only You understand and know. Keep me strong in You Lord. Help me to sing unto You a new song even in time like this... for Your faithfulness endures forever,
I pray that my 'buddy' will also sing unto You the song You will be placing in his heart. Grant him a good night rest tonight and that he will know Your will for him in his life. May You bring him a new devotional very partner soon. May Your love and grace always stay with him.
In Your name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home