Thursday, March 29, 2007

Never Lack

Psalm 23 (Amplified Bible)
A Psalm of David.
1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.(A)

3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.


Reflection of Bee:

I was so thrilled when I saw tonight's passage, as I had been pondering over v1 during my bath before my devotion. So it seems God is confirming with me that I shall not lack or need anything more than I have, regardless of my situation. In fact, when I reflect on the things that God allowed to happen in my life I see God's hands and blessings in disguise.

Yes, whenever I make Jesus "my shepherd" to guide me, I shall not lack. He constantly refreshes me and protects me from harms. Yes he prepares "a table before me in the presence of my enemies". This really takes place. Praise God!


Dear Lord,
I see Your goodness, mercy and love in my life all these years. Thank You very much. I pray again that the things I do, the decisions I make, the words I say will be to Your glory. Guide me, my Shepherd, lead me to Your green pasture.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home