Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Innocence

Mark 10:13-16
The Little Children and Jesus
13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.




Reflection of Bee:


One main reason I chose to study and work in the field of early childhood education was because I had been deprived of love in my childhood. As a child, and later as a teenager, I used to admire my peers who have got loving family. I told myself that I would like to do my best for young children and give them what they deserve... love and care. Thank God that my wish came true when I became a preschool teacher. Now I could train teachers and principals on how to nurture the little ones.

I had simple faith when I accepted Jesus into my heart at the age of 12. I thank God that He has kept my faith, kept me simple when it comes to the things of God, though I am a very complicated person in other areas of life. Jesus said in Matthew 10:16, "be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves". This is how we should behave, to be an adult in doing what's good but to be a child when it comes to doing what's bad... i.e. wise and innocent. Sadly, the reverse is true most time.


Dear Lord,
Please keep my heart pure and keep my thoughts innocent. May I do what is right in Your sight even if others think I am stupid. I need not fear for You will avenge for me if anyone tries to take advantage of me or harm me. Yes, You surely will, for I have seen that happened before.
I pray that I will have the chance to help Your little ones to know You at a young age.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home