Sunday, May 06, 2007

Source Of Gladness

2 Corinthians 6:3-10
Paul's Hardships
3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.


Reflection of Bee:
"Happiness depends on happenings, but joy depends on Jesus."
- Today's Daily Bread

I like the above quote. I will add on: "sadness depends on circumstances, joy depend on experiencing God's love".

I was very much saddened and hurt today when someone I respected said something unappreciative to me, then followed by discovering what another whom I cared much about did to me. I wept. Yet in my sadness a voice seemed to say to me, "God loves you, don't let what others did to you rob you of your joy."

Can we be "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing" like Paul (v10)?

Yes, Apostle Paul experienced much hardship and accusation by his own fellow men, yet in all those things he remained strong in the Lord and always rejoice in Him. Nothing can separate him from the love of God as shown in Romans 8:38-39:
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dear Lord,
You know how hurt I felt when people whom I respected and cared much did something not nice to me today. You saw my tears. Yet in all these I want to thank You and is sure that You will make all things work together for my good. Nothing will separate me from Your love. May Your joy remains in my heart through Your Holy Spirit.
In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home