Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Right Answer

Matthew 16:13-17

Peter's Confession of Christ
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"

14They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,[a] the Son of the living God."

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.


Reflection of Bee:

Many non-Christians, and even Christians, struggled to understand what is said in the Bible. They may find certain sayings in the Bible ridiculous. One good example is found in John 6:51-66:

Jesus said:
51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

The Jews' (non-Christians') reaction:
52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

The disciples' (Christians') reaction:
60On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"

Jesus' response:
61Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? 62What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit[a] and they are life. 64Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

The disciples deserted Jesus:
66From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.


To be able to discern correctly about spiritual things needs the revelation from the Holy Spirit (v17). In order to have such revelation we need to have the hunger for truth and seek God for the answer.


Dear Lord,
Thank You for revealing Your truth to me as I seek Your face. Thank You for speaking to my heart and teaching me about You and Your desires. I pray that I will be sensitive to You and Your leading and not to doubt You or dessert You when I don't understand, but to stay on and wait for Your answers.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home