Monday, May 21, 2007

On Purpose

2 Corinthians 3:11-18
11And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.


Reflection of Bee:

Being Christians, does not mean we have become like robots, without any feeling of pains. It does not make us high and mighty or floating in the cloud. If any 'Christian' tells you that he /she has no feeling of pains or frustrations, he/she is lying to you or to himself/herself.

I have been a Christian for many years, yet I still could feel much heartaches for things that happened in my life. Due to certain broken relationship, I had been tossed to and fro frequently as if someone is pulling my left arm, while another is pulling my right arm. It seems that whenever I looked at something that reminded me of certain past events in my life I felt very hurtful, depressed, and I just felt like crying. Yet as I did my devotions and read God's words I remembered the purpose of my existence on earth, the hope of glory I will will receive... and they encouraged me once again.

This struggle never ends though I may temporarily forget in my busyness. Sometimes I just feel that this "thorn in my flesh" is allowed by God to keep me humble and reliant on Him. It's like a 'drug addict' who needs regular doses to keep going for another day. In this case, my 'doses' are the daily word of God.

Today is no different, sadness filled my heart just a while ago. So I quickly turned to the word of God for comfort. Yes, I found my comfort in tonight's devotion. I can have "freedom" (v17), whenever I turn my eyes upon Jesus instead of on myself (v16). He is my 'painkiller'.... I can't live without Him.
"The purpose of our lives is to let others see what God is like as they watch and experience His love through us."
- Joe Stowell, Today's Daily Bread

Yes, Christians, even matured ones, do experienced much struggles like anyone else (including the Apostle Paul). The only difference is how they handle these struggles in life through the Lord Jesus Christ.


Dear Lord,
I need You to be my 'painkiller', my strength, my guide, one day at a time, to go on this journey till I see You face to face. Thank You for keeping me, for not letting me go, for staying with me, for loving me.
May Your love be spread to many who also need comfort and rest. May my life be a testimony of Your goodness.
In Jesus' name I thank You. Amen.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home