Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The World Wide Web

Proverbs 4:5-13
5 Get wisdom, get understanding;
do not forget my words or swerve from them.

6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her, and she will watch over you.


7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, [a] get understanding.

8 Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her, and she will honor you.

9 She will set a garland of grace on your head
and present you with a crown of splendor."

10 Listen, my son, accept what I say,
and the years of your life will be many.

11 I guide you in the way of wisdom
and lead you along straight paths.

12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
when you run, you will not stumble.

13 Hold on to instruction, do not let it go;
guard it well, for it is your life.


Reflection of Bee:
"But knowledge is not the same as wisdom... Wisdom is the application of knowledge. Don’t get caught in a web of knowledge without true wisdom that comes from the fear of the Lord (Prov. 1:7; 9:10)."
—Mart De Haan, in Today's Daily Bread

Tonight's devotion has just answered one of the thoughts I had today. I was thinking whether I should further my studies by doing a Doctorate degree. With the above passage in mind I should ask myself what is the purpose of me doing a Doctorate degree and how will that help me be the person God wants me to be.

Many people, including myself, do find the world wide web fascinating. There are so much to extract and learn from the web... it's a bottomless library like what the author mentioned in tonight's devotion. I am so caught up by it and wish I could just scan in all the details into my brain. Well, knowledge without wisdom to apply it is useless. Yes, knowledge puffs up, love builds up.
"knowledge without wisdom is like marriage without love" - Information Overload

Dear Lord,
Thank You for speaking to me. I pray You will guide me as to whether I should further my studies. If I do, I pray that it will be for Your glory, not mine.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home