Saturday, December 23, 2006

Be not Afraid

Luke 2:8-14
The Shepherds and the Angels
8And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ[a] the Lord. 12This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."



Bee's Thoughts:

I still feel down and sick today. So I simply used work and doing things to distract myself from thinking too much.

We had a Christmas Service this evening at my church and I invited one of my non-Christian colleague to join me. She agreed and said she knew how to get to my church. However, she lost her way and only managed to reach my church about one hour after the service had started. Thank God that she persisted in finding her way there. During the service the famous harpist & guitarist, Alvaro Sanchez, played a number of beautiful songs for us. I felt so peaceful as if I was in heaven when I listened to them. At that moment, all my burdens seemed rolled away and all my fear gone.

Yes, in heaven there will be no more tear or sorrow. Jesus was born that we may have peace and abundant life. I need not be afraid of anything or anyone when Jesus rules my heart.


Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank You for being born that we may have peace and abundant life. Thank You for the songs I heard tonight that brought me peace in my heart in spite of my troubled body and soul. I pray for my colleague that she may join me in church again tomorrow. I pray that You will touch her heart with Your love.
In Your name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home