Monday, April 02, 2007

How God Shows His Love

John 13:5-17
5After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

7Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

9"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"

10Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.

12When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.



Reflection of Bee:

Many times we don't know why God allows certain bad things happened to us, especially in the midst of the situations we go through. They may be very hurtful situations, e.g. someone accused us wrongly, or someone we loved deserted us, or someone we trusted very much betrayed us, etc. We might be left broken and wondering why us? What have we done wrong? We need an answers to all our questions.

Yes, we don't understand why. However, one God will disclose to us the reasons and make us understand (v7). A speaker shared recently that when God remove something/someone from us, He may be trying to protect us. Yes, it very painful... I still feel the pain whenever I think of it, even now. But by faith, I know God is doing it for my good. I shall understand fully one day.

Despites the hurt, we need to love in Jesus' way.... we are to be humble (washing of someone's feet) and loving. That is love.

Dear Lord,
As I remember the things that happened to me, the people who have hurt me, I felt the pains once again. :'( Thank You for reminding me that I will understand Your plans clearly one day. Teach me to love in spite of what others do to me. Teach me to know how to response correctly. Teach me humility and service.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home