Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What Comes After Death?

Hebrews 9:24-28
24For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. 25Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.


Reflection of Bee:

It was interesting reading the post of a friend and his readers' comments about organs donation when a person is certified "brain death". For me, I have the assurance of salvation and is not fearful of death. There is hope and glory awaiting for those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept His salvation (v28).

What comes after death is judgment (v27). Where we will be depends on what we choose now while we still have breath. We never know when would be our last breath... so we need to make the decision right now.


Dear Lord,
Thank You for the salvation You have given to me and that I can know where I am going. Thank You for the joy and hope in You. Let me not cling on to anything earthly. Let me be ever ready to depart from this world when You call me home. I give my all to You once again.
In Your most wonderful name I pray. Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home