Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Gospel Of Judas

2 Timothy 4:1-5

1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.


Reflection of Bee:

Tonight's devotion is a reminder to me to beware of professing 'Christians' who would use the bible verses only to "suit their own desires" instead of practicing actual truth (v3).

I have heard of cases where some 'Christians' claimed that they wanted to seek God or serve God and therefore deserted their family or loved ones who need them. Such actions clearly contradict God's character of love and His greatest command to love Him and our neighbours. How can they claim that they love God when they can't love their "neighbours"? If strangers can be our neighbours, what more those who love and care for us? Yet to these 'Christians' they are being 'spiritual' to 'spend time with God' and no time or little time with people close to them. No wonder many people turn away from God as a result of such people.

I also feel affected by such people at times. However, the above passage reminds me that no matter what happen, even if people whom I care for or love were to turn away from the truth of God I should keep my head up (v5) and stay strong. Not only that, I should "do the work of an evangelist", that means to share the love of God with others despite all these and continue to serve.

Whatever we do must not contradict the Character of God and what the Bible teaches. For God doesn't contradict Himself.


Dear Lord,
Sorry that at times I feel very affected by people whom I look up to, trust, love and care, when they do things that contradicts what I learnt of Your character. In times like these, I may have many questions and negative thoughts that are not right in Your sight. Thank You for reminding me that I should stay strong no matter how these people treat me.
I commit these into Your hands. Please guide and lead them to all truth through Your Spirit.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home