Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wonder



Luke 2:15-20

15When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

16So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.


Bee's Thoughts:

While all the shepherds were "amazed" by what the angels said, Mary "treasured" and "pondered" those words in her heart instead. She knew that miracle would be taking place in her life. Yes, we need to take time to ponder over the word of God so we may know what He wants to tell us.

During our church service this morning, we were entertained by a group of singers from Indonesia who sang beautifully for us. I like the hymns especially. The Lord touched my soul with those beautiful voices again, just like last night. I closed my eyes and allowed God to minister to me through those songs as they were singing... it was so wonderful!

Subsequently, we had our communion. It was different this time as we were encouraged to kneel down before God when taking our communion (we have never done this before). The moment I knelt down, tear just flowed down my cheeks. I felt I was in the presence of my Lord and King... I felt Him so near to me. I knew He was with me and saw all my struggles, my heartaches, my dilemma, my tears, and all my unspoken words. I need not speak a word, and He already knew all. Thank God for today!


Dear Lord,
Thank You for always coming to my rescue whenever I am overwhelmed by sadness. You have always keep your promise that there is no temptation that is too great for me to bear and that You will always make a way of escape for me. Praise You for lifting up my soul again today.
I pray that You will help me do a good job as I join the many brothers and sisters in Christ to help out at the Christmas events at Orchard Road tomorrow. I pray for good weather and that we will have good health to do our parts. May those who do not know You come to experience who You are this Christmas through the events.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home