Monday, December 25, 2006

A Fitting Present

Matthew 2:11-15
11On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. 12And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.


Bee's Thoughts

When I told a friend that I was supposed to volunteer for the Church Christmas events at Orchard Road today as "Road Blocker" he jokingly remarked, "That's cheap labour". I replied, "No, that's expensive labour, 'cos my time is expensive. I will not give to God what is cheap la." Unfortunately, I am sick with very bad cough today and is not able to help out.

Tonight we learned that the wise men gave to Jesus their "treasures" which are gold, incense and myrrh. Yes, we should not give to God only what we do not want, but give Him our best, which is our "body" that is "holy and acceptable" to God (Romans 12:1).

Dear Lord,
Thank You for reminding me to give You what I treasured most and even myself, and not things that I don't want. Tonight, my hands are open to You and I want to give You the thing/person that I treasured most and surrender myself to You. Take me, cleanse me and use me for Your glory Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home