Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Eternal Protection

John 10:22-30
The Unbelief of the Jews
22Then came the Feast of Dedication[a] at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade. 24The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ,[b] tell us plainly."

25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."



Bee's Thoughts:

When I was a young Christian, the above passage was one which my bible study leaders and also the pastors kept mentioning. The emphasis was on being the "sheep" that "listen" and "follow" Jesus Christ. That is, when we listen and obey Christ, we can have the assurance that "no one" (including Satan), except ourselves, can snatch us from Him.

Is this about "eternal security"? In a sense yes, but with conditions (i.e. to listen and follow). For those who professed to be Christians but not listening or following Christ, then this promise may not apply. As in Philippians 2:12-18, we are to "continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling" where our lives reflect Christ likeness.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your secured arms that hold me tight each time the evil one tries to snatch me away from You through all means. Sometimes the devil uses people to hurt me, sometimes he sows discord between friends, sometimes he makes me feel discouraged, etc. But thank You that his mission always fail, 'cos You are always there to bring me back to where I should be and not fall into his tricks.
Tonight, I want to pray that You will continue to keep me from falling. Help me to listen to Your small still voice and follow Your word.
I pray that we, Your children, may be one as You and the Father are one. I pray for unity amongst us and that Your love will flow in our hearts and in our actions.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home